Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! Whether you’re celebrating with a loved one or friends, we hope you have a romantic and memorable day. We’ve put together a quiz of simple Valentine’s Day trivia questions and answers in honor of the occasion.
So put on your thinking caps and see how many you can get right!
1. What is the name of the patron saint of lovers?
a) St. Valentine
b) St. George
Answer: St. Valentine
2. Which flower is traditionally associated with Valentine’s Day?
3. What year was Valentine’s Day officially recognized as a holiday?
a) 495 AD
b) 14th century
Answer: 14th century
4. Which famous poet wrote the poem “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love”?
b) Christopher Marlowe
Answer: Christopher Marlowe
5. When did sending Valentine’s Day cards become popular?
a) 18th century
b) 19th century
Answer: 18th century
6. What is the meaning of the word “Valentine”?
7. Which famous poet wrote the poem “How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways”?
a) William Shakespeare
b) Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Answer: Elizabeth Barrett Browning
8. What shape is typically associated with Valentine’s Day?
9. What is the most common activity celebrated on Valentine’s Day?
a) Watching a movie
b) Going out to dinner
Answer: Going out to dinner
10. Which of the following are classic Valentine’s Day gifts?
a) Flowers and chocolate
b) Teddy bears and roses
Answer: Flowers and chocolate